Here are answers to readers’ most common CPA Exam FAQ. If you have a question that you cannot find an answer to, drop a note on my Facebook page and I’ll do my best to respond as soon as I can.
CPA Exam FAQ I Collected Since January 2010
General Questions on Accountancy and CPA
- 5 great reasons to become a CPA
- What’s the number of CPA in the US (i.e. do I have an edge)?
- What can accountants specialize in?
- What is public accounting vs non-public accounting?
CPA Exam FAQ on Starting the Process
- How do I become a CPA?
- What are CPA exam requirements?
- Does CMA qualify for the educational requirements?
- Do I get the CPA qualification immediately after the CPA exam?
- CPA Certificate vs License: What is the difference, do I need both?
- Will a past bankruptcy (Chapter 7) prevent me from getting the CPA license?
Should I Go For CPA or Other Professional Qualifications / Degree?
CPA Exam FAQ on The Most Efficient Way to Apply
- When should I take the test / when is the testing window?
- Should I take all 4 exams together or one by one?
- Which exam should I take first?
- How long does it normally take to pass all parts?
- Prometric center for the CPA exam: how do I schedule an exam and other tips
- What should I do if I need extra credit hours to reach the 150-hour requirement?
- I have a 3-year bachelor degree. Do I qualify?
- I did not get my degree in the US. Does my coursework fit the educational requirements?
- Does CMA/CFA/ACCA/CA qualify for the educational requirements?
Other Questions for International Candidates
- What should I watch out for in the CPA application?
- Which state is best for CPA international students?
- I’ve picked a state, but can I take the exam in another state?
How Do I Become A US CPA If I Am From…
Taking The CPA Exam Outside The US
Questions on Passing the CPA Exam
- What is the CPA exam pass rate?
- How do I start my CPA exam preparation?
- How the CPA Exam grading is done: Is it scored on a curve or not?
Questions on CPA Exam Review Courses
- How do I know if I need a review course?
- How can I compare the review courses?
- Which review course do you recommend? This and this
Questions On CPA Exam Tactics
- CPA Simulation: What are they and how are they graded?
- How can I practice using the Authoritative Literature search function?
- How to ace the Written Communications in BEC
- What should I bring (or not to bring) on the exam day?
- What’s your last minute advice?
Questions on CPA Exam Motivation
- Do you have any good exam motivational quotes?
- Experience sharing from past candidates
- Do you have other goodies to cheer me up?
Questions on Life after CPA Exam
- My CPA exam score can’t be correct. Can I ask for a score review?
- I am done with the exam. What’s next?
- Is the CPA Ethics Exam difficult?
- I’m now a CPA. Should I get a CFA / MBA?
- What is CGMA? Is it Worth “Buying” this Designation?
CPA CPE Requirements
- How many CPE credit hourss do I need to take every year?
- Can you recommend a CPA CPE course provider?
- 8 Free CPE courses on Taxation, Excel tips and Quickbooks
- CPA licensing requirements at a glance
- I need to transfer my CPA exam credits. How can I do that?
- Do CPA exam credits expire?
- How can I make up for the extra 30 credit hours as required by the license?
Other Accounting Qualifications
Questions On Career With A CPA
- 2010 CPA salary guide
- Accounting Big 4: CPA Salary Guide
- What’s my career path with a CPA qualification?
- I am looking for an accounting job. Can you help?
May I Help You Plan, Study And Pass The CPA Exam?
The process may sound awfully complicated, but once you take the first step in your CPA journey, it’s completely doable. I am more than happy to help you along the way!
If you find these Q&As helpful, please consider signing up to my mini-course which is completely free. I have two versions designed for candidates with different background:
|For US Candidates|
(Those with US degrees, or
graduate/live/work in the US)
|For Intl Candidates|
(Those who study abroad, or
graduate/live/work outside of the US)
Action is the key to success. See you there!