I talk about CPA Exam testing windows on various pages in this site but I thought it would be nice to have a quick post to explain how it works.
The CPA Exam Testing Windows are the Same Every Year!
The good news is that in terms of when you can take the exam, it is very flexible. Since the test became 100% computerized in April 2004, candidates have been allowed to take the exam anytime during the first two months of each quarter.
CPA Exam Testing Windows 2015
In other words, the testing windows are:
- 1st Quarter: January to February
- 2nd Quarter: April to May
- 3rd Quarter: July to August
- 4th Quarter: October to November
During this period candidates can pick any time during exam site (i.e. the prometric center) opening hours from Monday to Friday, and sometimes Monday to Saturday for some sites.
As a candidate you can choose to take one or more part of the exam in each testing window as long as you do not take the same part more than once.
For Your Further Reading
- Is it possible to pass 4 parts together?
- Which part do you recommend I take first?
- What should I expect after sending off the application?
Join Our Aspiring CPA Community!