Wyoming State Board allows the state’s residents and workers to apply for the CPA exam.
Effective January 1, 2012, it requires the standard 150 credit hours and 1 year of experience.
Wyoming CPA Requirements
1. Education Requirements to Sit for the Exam
A candidate is required to fulfill one of the following:
- Bachelor degree or above.
- 150 credit hours.
- Accounting course requirement: 24 semester hours (upper division).
- Business course requirement: 24 semester hours.
2. Additional Wyoming CPA Requirements for the License
- No additional requirements.
- 1 year of full-time experience in public accounting.
- The experience must be verified by an active CPA licensee. It does not indicate that the experience has to be supervised by a CPA (but please double check with Board for their latest interpretation).
- Pass the CPA ethics exam by AICPA.
3. Wyoming CPA Requirements on Residency & Age
- US citizenship is not required
- Candidate needs to be resident of WY or regularly employed in WY or graduate of University of Wyoming
- Minimum age: 18
- First-timers: $723 (4 CPA exam fees) + $110 (initial application fee)
5. Continuing Education
CPE is required for license holders. Please click here for Wyoming CPA CPE requirements.
6. Other Useful Information
Wyoming Board of Certified Public Accountants
2020 Carey Avenue – Suite 702
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0610
- Email: DSPS@wisconsin.gov
- Phone: 307-777-7551
- Fax: 307-777-3796
What if these CPA Requirements don’t Work for Me?
You may want to check out these pages to learn about the educational and experience requirements, with my recommendation at the end of the posts:
- CPA educational requirements: Rules, Obstacles and Solutions
- States with more flexible CPA experience requirements
- How to get extra credit hours for the 150-hour rule
If you have questions, feel free to drop a note in the comment section, or visit my Facebook page.