To maintain an active CPA license in Vermont, certified public accountants have to fulfill the CPE requirement on a biannual basis.
Here is a summary for your reference:
Vermont CPA CPE Requirements
The CPE credits have to be accumulated and 80 hours of continuing education by the end of the 2-year reporting period.
- At least 8 hours of accounting/auditing
- At least 4 hours of ethics
- Carry forwards are allowed to next reporting year, up to 10 CPE hours. Please note that accounting, auditing and ethics courses cannot be carried forward.
- General CPA licensing requirements in VT
- Vermont State Board administrative rules on CPE (see part 9)
You can also contact Vermont Board of Public Accountancy for general licensing and CPE information:
- Address: Office of Professional Regulation, 26 Terrace Street, Drawer 09, Montpelier, VT 05609-1106
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (802) 828-2837
Where Can I Take These Accounting CPE Courses?
My recommendation is CPE Link, a CPE provider registered with NASBA on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors (Registry ID: 109068). Their CPE courses are endorsed by the Societies of CPAs in California, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, New York, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, and West Virginia.
CPE Link offers over 1,000 hours of self-study content taught by accounting and tax professionals–all experts in their fields with many years of practical experience to share. Click out the courses below and start earning your CPE credits today!
Photograph courtesy of Paulmoody