World Education Services (WES) is the largest non-profit credential services organization serving the international education community since 1974. It performs more than 50,000 evaluations every year for students, job seekers and immigrants around the world.
WES is a founding member of NACES.
WES Pros and Cons
- One of the biggest evaluation services
- Clear instruction for CPA exam candidates by geographic location — candidates from certain countries are allowed to send in attested photocopies instead of original copies.
- Fast turnaround time: 7 business days for standard service
- Expensive: the evaluation for CPA exam qualification costs $260
- Only original transcripts/marksheets are accepted
- I received quite a few comments in 2012 from readers who told me the State Boards disagreed with the evaluation results of WES. Please note that the rules/interpretation of the rules have undergone a lot of changes in 2012 and therefore this could happen to any of the evaluation services.
- All academic records must be issued on official university stationery and bear the signature and seal of the authorized university official.
- If the document is not in English, clear and legible photocopies of word-for-word English translations along with your foreign language documents is required.
Note to Indian candidates from WES:
WES requires applicants educated in India to simply have photocopies of their mark-sheets attested rather request a new official set. We receive hundreds of documents in this manner every day from our Indian applicants without issue.
- 7 business days
- 4 weeks is recommended for international candidates because WES may need extra time to contact your school for inquiry and clarification.
- CPA board evaluation: $260
- Rush service: $100-$195 extra (same day to 3-day processing)
- Please click here for the full fee schedule
- Credit card
- Personal check, money order/bank draft, or bank transfer
- Instruction specifically for CPA exam qualifications
- You can check out the general FAQ here.
World Education Services
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Courier mailing address:
64 Beaver St, #146
New York, NY 10004
- Phone: (212) 966-6311
- Fax: (212) 739-6100
- Email: please use the contact form here
Related Posts for International Candidates
I am the author of How to Pass The CPA Exam (published by Wiley), and I also passed all 4 sections of the CPA Exam on my first try.
Additionally, I have led webinars, such as for the Institute of Management Accountants, authored featured articles on websites like Going Concern and AccountingWeb, and I'm also the CFO for the charity New Sight.
Finally, I have created other accounting certification websites to help mentor non-CPA candidates. I have already mentored thousands of CPA, CMA, CIA, EA, and CFA candidates, and I can help you too!