Education Records Evaluation Service (ERES) was founded in 1985.
Their evaluations are accepted throughout the United States by the hundreds of agencies, Licensing Boards, Employers and Educational Institutions.
ERES is a member of NACES.
Pros and Cons
- Relatively affordable at $100
- Candidates can email color scanned copy of documents to ERES for evaluation
- Rush service is available
- You can request a copy of your evaluation at any time up to seven years, vs. one year for many agencies
- Long turnaround time of 3-5 weeks
- No online application tracking service
- Original and official documents issued by the applicant’s school should also be submitted.
- If the documents are not in English, contact ERES for possible arrangements for translation.
- Usually 4 to 5 weeks
- Rush service: 5-day available for CPA exam candidates
- $130 for course-by-course evaluation, which is required for the CPA exam application.
- Transcripts with over 60 courses require additional payment ranging from $30 to $ 100.
- Rush Service (additional to the $130 evaluation fee)
- Please click here for the complete pricing schedule
- Payment can be made thru check, money order, cashiers’ check (drawn on a U.S. bank payable to ERES)
- Credit card (Visa/Mastercard/Discover/American Express). Debit card is preferred for rush service
Note: The evaluation will be delayed for 7 days if you send a personal check. Penalty for non-sufficient funds on check is $25.
You can check out the FAQ here.
Educational Records Evaluation Service
601 University Avenue, Suite 127
Sacramento, CA 95825-6738
- Phone: (916) 921 079
- Fax: (916) 921 0793
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Posts for International Candidates
I am the author of How to Pass The CPA Exam (published by Wiley), and I also passed all 4 sections of the CPA Exam on my first try.
Additionally, I have led webinars, such as for the Institute of Management Accountants, authored featured articles on websites like Going Concern and AccountingWeb, and I'm also the CFO for the charity New Sight.
Finally, I have created other accounting certification websites to help mentor non-CPA candidates. I have already mentored thousands of CPA, CMA, CIA, EA, and CFA candidates, and I can help you too!