Foreign Academic Credentials Services (FACS) was established more than 30 years ago to replace the former AICPA Foreign Academic Credentials in 1982. FACS is a charter member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
FACS is accepted by most state boards of accountancy. The service fee is among the lowest at $100 for many states
, but turnaround time has been slow. (2016 update: the regular processing time has now decreased greatly, and FACS can work with applicants to meet their deadlines.)
FACS is the founding member of NACES.
Pros and Cons
- One of the most affordable fees for most states (as low as $100 per evaluation)
- One of the most established evaluation agencies for CPA exam
- Notarized copies accepted in some circumstances (see below)
- Confirmation of receipt is automatic, and status checks are available via email daily
- Slower turnaround time without rush service
Rush service not available
- Accept notarized copies if they are officially notarized and certified as true copies by the issuing school, a U.S. educational foundation, a U.S. Consul, AMIDEAST or a similar agency
- Original transcript can be returned by mail if requested
- Email confirmation available
- FACS no longer specifies a time frame, but it used to take 4-8 weeks
- Rush service available ($150 and $75 extra respectively). Again, no specification on timing, but they guarantee to start reviewing within 48 hours. Please contact them for details
- Rush service is not available during busy season, typically June, July and August
- $100-$200 depending on the state
- Requests to change an evaluation from one state board to another requires a new fee payment for a new evaluation
- Please click here for pricing schedule
- Check or money order made payable in US Dollars
- Credit card payment is accepted via Paypal
- Payment by check or money order from outside the US must be issued from a bank that has branches in the US and include bank routing numbers
- FAQs from the official site
105 West Vandalia Street
Edwardsville, IL 62025
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (618) 656-5291 (10am– 5pm CST Monday – Thursday)
- Fax: (618) 656-5292
Related Posts for International Candidates
I am the author of How to Pass The CPA Exam (published by Wiley), and I also passed all 4 sections of the CPA Exam on my first try.
Additionally, I have led webinars, such as for the Institute of Management Accountants, authored featured articles on websites like Going Concern and AccountingWeb, and I'm also the CFO for the charity New Sight.
Finally, I have created other accounting certification websites to help mentor non-CPA candidates. I have already mentored thousands of CPA, CMA, CIA, EA, and CFA candidates, and I can help you too!