Josef Silny & Associates (JS&A) was founded in 1987 by Josef Silny to serve foreign nationals who come to study, work or live in the United States.
Josef Silny has 30 years of experience in international education, including 5 years as the Director of International and Transfer Admissions at the City University of New York and 11 years as the Director of International Admissions at the University of Miami.
JS&A is a member of NACES since 1991.
Josef Silny Pros and Cons
- Many states (33) accept the evaluation from Josef Silny
- One of the more affordable fees at $140 per evaluation
- Rush service and translation service is available (with extra fee)
- Candidates can check the application status online and has access to the assigned evaluator
- Only accept original copies of transcript or photocopies certified by the issuing institution
- Original documents must be presented with payment. If the service is requested by mail, a self-addressed and stamped envelope must be provided for the return of the original documents.
- The only photocopies accepted are those certified, signed and sealed by the issuing institution.
- Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by accurate, professional, and certified English translations.
- Credential evaluation service: 10 business days
- Translation service: 5 business days
- Evaluation + translation: 12 business days
- Expedited services of 3 business days, 24 hours and, whenever possible, same day service.
- Basic fee: $140
- Additional state: $140
- If candidates want to receive an email or fax copy of the evaluation, the cost is $25-35
- Please click here for the pricing schedule
Note: add $30 for state boards that require upper division course identification
- Cashier’s check, money order, or a check issued by a U.S. bank.
- If the check is issued by a foreign bank, the bank check must list the counterpart U.S. bank.
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover) is also acceptable.
- Josef Silny also provides translation services and is a corporate member of the American Translators Association (ATA).
- You can check out the FAQ here.
Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (305) 273-1616
- Fax: (305) 273-1338
Related Posts for International Candidates
I am the author of How to Pass The CPA Exam (published by Wiley), and I also passed all 4 sections of the CPA Exam on my first try.
Additionally, I have led webinars, such as for the Institute of Management Accountants, authored featured articles on websites like Going Concern and AccountingWeb, and I'm also the CFO for the charity New Sight.
Finally, I have created other accounting certification websites to help mentor non-CPA candidates. I have already mentored thousands of CPA, CMA, CIA, EA, and CFA candidates, and I can help you too!