NASBA is the association of the US State Boards of Accountancy. Its mission is to enhance the effectiveness and to advance the common interests of the State Boards, and one of the latest services offered is an international evaluation service (NIES) for international CPA exam candidates.
State Boards That Accept NIES Evaluation
Over 50 states and jurisdictions accept evaluation from NIES.
* NIES is the only approved international education evaluation provider for these states.
NIES has a premium service known as “UNDECIDED STATE EVALUATION”. It costs $100 more than the standard fee (i.e. $300 vs $200), but the evaluator will suggest a state that you can qualify based on your existing education.
Please note that their suggestion does not cover whether you are able to fulfill the experience requirement, so make sure you take this into consideration when finalizing the state to register.
Alternatively, you can seek the advice of Leslie-Anne Rogers, an experienced consultant in CPA exam qualification.
Pros and Cons
- As a service provided by NASBA, NIES should have the best relationship (and thus best understanding) with the various state boards
- Online application and payment is convenient for international candidates
- Fast turnaround time
- Relatively expensive at $200 – 300 per evaluation.
- Original and official documents are required (update: scan and online upload of original document is now accepted)
- Complete set of official transcript, marksheets, certificates sent directly from the institutions.
- An official or notarized copy of English translation is required for non-English document.
- Less than 5 business days after all documentation is received.
- International credential evaluation – $200
- Additional education evaluation – $100
- Change in jurisdiction evaluation – $100-200 (e.g. when you decide to register for Texas instead of Florida)
- Please click here for the pricing schedule
- Credit card through the online application system.
NASBA International Evaluation Services
PO Box 198727
Nashville, TN 37219
Courier mailing address:
150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 850
Nashville TN, 37219
- Phone (toll free): (855) 468-5382
- Phone (local): (615) 277-9077
- Fax: (615) 324-1268
- Email: email@example.com
Related Posts for International Candidates
- How to obtain extra credit hours for CPA exam qualification
- Further advice on foreign credential evaluation
- Popular states for international candidates