NASBA is the association of the US State Boards of Accountancy. Its mission is to enhance the effectiveness and to advance the common interests of the State Boards, and one of the latest services offered is an international evaluation service (NIES) for international CPA exam candidates.
State Boards That Accept NIES Evaluation
As of March 2014, 42 states and jurisdictions accept evaluation from NIES.
|District of Columbia||Missouri||South Carolina|
|Kansas||North Dakota||West Virginia|
NIES has a premium service known as “UNDECIDED STATE EVALUATION”. It costs $100 more than the standard fee (i.e. $300 vs $200), but the evaluator will suggest a state that you can qualify based on your existing education.
Please note that their suggestion does not cover whether you are able to fulfill the experience requirement, so make sure you take this into consideration when finalizing the state to register.
Alternatively, you can seek the advice of Leslie-Anne Rogers, an experienced consultant in CPA exam qualification.
Pros and Cons
- As a service provided by NASBA, NIES should have the best relationship (and thus best understanding) with the various state boards
- Online application and payment is convenient for international candidates
- Fast turnaround time
- Relatively expensive at $200 per evaluation.
- Original and official documents are required.
- Complete set of official transcript, marksheets, certificates sent directly from the institutions.
- An official or notarized copy of English translation is required for non-English document.
- You can request that your original documents be returned when submitting your application. Please expect to pay the related return shipping costs.
- Less than 5 business days after all documentation is received.
- International credential evaluation – $200
- Additional education evaluation – $100
- Change in jurisdiction evaluation – $50 (e.g. when you decide to register for Texas instead of Florida)
- Please click here for the pricing schedule
- Credit card through the online application system.
NASBA International Evaluation Services
PO Box 198727
Nashville, TN 37219
Courier mailing address:
150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 850
Nashville TN, 37219
- Phone (toll free): (855) 468-5382
- Phone (local): (615) 277-9077
- Fax: (615) 324-1268
- Email: email@example.com