Idaho State Board does not require 150 credit hours to sit for the exam, but in order to ultimately get the license you will have to fulfill that in addition to more accounting and business courses.
For experience it is pretty much standard with 1 year of accounting work. Part-time hours can be counted towards the requirement as well.
Idaho CPA Requirements
1. Education Requirements to Sit for the Exam
- Bachelor degree or above.
- Accounting courses: 20 semester units.
- Business courses: 10 semester units.
2. Additional Idaho CPA Requirements for the License
- Fulfill the 150 credit hour requirement.
- Accounting courses: 24 hours.
- Business courses: 24 hours.
There are also 3 other options you can choose from depending if you have a bachelor or graduate degree. Please check the licensing information for details.
- 1 year of working experience (with 2,000 hours).
- Can be full time or part-time but has to be completed within 1-3 year period.
- The experience must be verified by an active CPA but direct supervision by this CPA is not necessary. This verifier must be a US CPA or LPA from Idaho.
- Passing of the CPA Ethics Exam administered by the AICPA.
3. Idaho CPA Requirements on Residency & Age
- US citizenship not required.
- Idaho does require that candidates be a resident, have been a resident, or immediately intend to become a resident of Idaho. Intent must be documented.
- Minimum age: 18.
- First-timers: $723 (4 CPA exam fees) + $100 (initial application fee)
5. Continuing Education
CPE is required for license holders. Please click here for Idaho CPA CPE requirements.
6. Other Useful Information
Idaho State Board of Accountancy
1109 Main, Suite 470
Boise, ID 83702
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 208-334-3584
- Fax: 208-334-2615
What if these CPA Requirements don’t Work for Me?
You may want to check out these pages to learn about the educational and experience requirements, with my recommendation at the end of the posts:
- CPA educational requirements: Rules, Obstacles and Solutions
- States with more flexible CPA experience requirements
- How to get extra credit hours for the 150-hour rule
If you have questions, feel free to drop a note in the comment section, or visit my Facebook page.